Count the Fail: Photo Shoot from 2007-2008 featuring Bar Rafaeli...and Negresses

(Thanks, Leo Princess!)

Comments

1. Oh. Hell. No. What in the hell IS this? Who conceptually created this and why? All I got to say to this piece of rabid antebellum fantasy is a little bit of REALITY!
    These people must vaunt themselves at OUR constant expense because as soon as they were to integrate into the rest of humanity, they would disappear and the first couple of melanated ovum and sperm that came there way. Biological racist fucks. Yeah, I said it. I'm sick of this crap and their not so subtle or subversive longings. Goddamn troglodytes.

Replies
    1. Exactly. White people have to believe that white women are the fairest, the most beautiful women on earth, the kindest and gentlest beings. They have to pretend that the average black woman looks like a troll while the average white woman is a goddess. They have to pretend she is pure despite all the degenerate behavior she may exhibit. With a population of 12% they can't afford to do much else. I can't see much other reason for this nonsense than to preserve their gene pool.

2. The fuck is this shit?????????

Replies
    1. Took the words right out of my mouth.

This is one of those times I really wish Blogger would let us post gifs in the comments.

2. Million-dollar question, boo-boo. At first I didn't want to believe my eyes.

3. @ amaya

cosign

3. Wow... This was not coincidental.

4. Perla Buttons2/20/12, 6:35 PM

Cue white folks defending this shit the way they defended the Dutch people involved in the Rihanna n****b**** controversy: "Bar is Israeli! She doesn't know about slavery or racism!"

Plus some mention of the extremely short period following an incident/event in which you can find something problematic or offensive:"It happened in 2007 or 2008! Why are you taking issue with ancient history?"

ReplyDelete
  5. I'm counting the fails but I'm running out of fingers.

ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm...not no but H*** NO!!! Everyone around her looks better than her too!!

Replies
    1. Yeah, but that's when they chime in with "but they don't even LOOK" like black women, just like white women with a tan...

7. Yep, a definite fail for sure.

ReplyDelete
  8. What the ever lovin' fuck. Words fail.

ReplyDelete
  9. Where do they find these self-hating negresses to do this sh*t? I mean do they put an ad out.....WTF does it say.....I mean.....Damn my blood pressure is up.........

Replies
    1. Uh...yeah. Did these BW not notice something a bit off about this spread? Were they that desperate for a check/chance in the fashion industry? Really?

10. This one is from 2010: http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2010/05/interview-magazine-lets-get-lost-2.html

And last year:http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2011/01/alessandra-ambrosio-for-numero-tokyo-2.html

The fashion industry is very big on this type of imagery. Let's not forget yellowface (http://www.refinery29.com/is-taping-your-eyes-to-look-asian-the-new-blackface) and blackface (http://theweek.com/article/index/203775/claudia-schiffers-blackface-photos-defensible).

The fashion industry is quick to claim that this is "art" and "edgy," but I see it as a lazy way to be edgy and just plain racist. What gets me is how the industry continues appropriate from other cultures in the name of fashion, yet will hire models to put them in those damn clothes. They'll throw us a bone with the occasional "all black model editorial" but still get mad when we complain about the lack of models on the runway (New York Fashion week is finally seeing more models of color, but STILL on the low side).

11. Leo Princess2/20/12, 8:07 PM

I really want to know what went through the black models' minds before, during, and after this shoot. Seriously.

On the same link I sent Ankh, it showed another photograph with a white female model, and a black maid holding a white child. Yes, it was a real honest-to-goodness black hotel maid that they added to the photo shoot. I guess when the hotel said, "Yes, you can use our premises!", she was part of the package.

12. Lifecoaster2/20/12, 9:30 PM

What the fuck is this white fantasy bullshit?!! I know that all the fine WoC make the white women insecure and all, but Lawdhammercy!!!! And in 2012 too! Post racial society my ass!!

Oh, and for that "fairest of them all" crap, fast forward 10 years and see how Father Time has treated each woman in the photo.

I'm gonna quit before I foam at the mouth because of this fuckery.

13. Lifecoaster2/20/12, 9:32 PM

I'm sorry about the error I made comment. I didn't see the part that said 2007-2008, but still, fuckery os fuckery.

Replies
    1. Leo Princess2/20/12, 9:37 PM

Yea, 2007-2008 isn't too long ago. Neither was 2010, when the 'Socialite Slumming in the Favela' shoot (ShaSha LaPerf's first link) was done. But yes, fuckery is pure fuckery.

2. Bingo. 2007-2008 might as well have been a month ago.

14. I suprised that they wasn't dressed like the characters from The Help. This blows to to the Final Frontier.

ReplyDelete
  15. It is also worthy of note how much more skin the black women are showing compared to Rafaeli. By the way, the dark girl who is fanning Rafaeli in the last photo is very pretty, total crush material; anyone know who she is? I also like her expression in the last material, it looks slightly more hostile than just passive; as if she is looking down on her (both metaphorically and of course, literally).

ReplyDelete
  16. All I gotta ask is What Pot Pipe they were on when they shot this fucking shit? Like seriously the fuck is this fuckery

ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sick and disgusting.

18. *sighs and rubs temples*

19. How blatant. *SMH*

ReplyDelete
  20. I cold make a montage of images like these from old paintings to Disney to shit like this.

Replies
    1. Leo Princess2/23/12, 10:44 AM

The original link to Ankh actually had a Disney montage. That's how I found out there were black zebra centauress in Fantasia (fanning Bacchus' fat ass), along with Sunflower (turns out, there were three black donkeytauress servants rather than the one Disney tried to deny).

Man, I love Tumblr. Speaking of which, this photo was taken and published last year: http://leotheyardiechick.tumblr.com/post/14268402809/thenewafrican-an-unflattering-portrait-of-a-prevailing

21. What product are they trying to sell so I can be sure to never buy it.