All you disgruntled, embittered writers at the bar, this one's for you.
When I first began my "Underappreciated Actress" series, I mentioned that as an author, I sometimes write as though I know my work is going to become a TV show or a film. This means composing a highly organized plot which delivers as much information as humanly possible in a short amount of time. And imagining who'd I like to play what.
To practice, I like to do writing exercises, composing entire works I know I'll never publish, just to get my flow down. I invite my fellow scribblers at the bar to do one with me.
Here are your players:
Here's your primary soundtrack:
And here are your crucial questions:
1) What are their names?
2) What are their individual backstories?
3) How did they meet?
4) Why are they friends?
5) Do they live together or apart? Why?
6) Where is their story set?
7) What's their genre?
8) What would be the plot of the very first ep?
9) What would be the theme of the first season?